Under 2 Minutes to Shaving Tips for The Perfect Shave

A lot of us guys are seeking the perfect shave. Well, look no further. With these men’s shaving tips, you’ll be on your way to a perfect shave without the worry of ingrown hairs and other men’s shaving issues. Use these quick men’s shaving tips to make the most of each shave.

Here are my simple shaving tips on how to get the closest and best shave possible in under two minutes time:

Shaving Tips #1: Pre-Shave

The purpose of a pre-shave product is to smooth and condition your skin prior to shaving. What's shocking is that most men do not use a pre-shave product during their daily shaving routine.

Use a pre-shave lotion always! Why? Your razor blade likes smooth skin. It glides easier on it. It cuts your hair closer to the follicle giving you the desired close shave. It also softens and conditions your beard making it easier to cut. And it acts as a secondary protection layer against the harmful effects of the blade scraping your skin helping to prevent shaving nicks and cuts. You get all these benefits and it only takes 10 seconds to apply if you are in a hurry. For those men who have more testosterone than I do and shave twice a day, a pre-shave lotion/serum will definitely help get you a closer shave so that you may only need to shave once a day.

I don't like anything oily on my skin so I would not recommend a pre-shave oil as some hard core wet shavers use religiously. I prefer to use a non-oily pre-shave lotion/serum. The best pre-shave product I have found so far that meets my specific needs is a "pre-shave serum". Not many brands offer such a product but I can only imagine that many more will in the near future. Pre-shave serums are quite hard on the wallet but it works miracles and is worth every penny! My skin is instantly taut and smooth after the serum is instantly absorbed into my skin making it the perfect environment for my razor blade.

Shaving Tips #2: Shave Cream

I know using an electric shaver gets you the quickest shave possible. However it definitely does not offer you the best skin and shaving results afterwards. Your skin tends to be roughed up because no lubrication is used between the shaver and your skin, and you just can't cut the hair as close as a razor blade gliding on a slick cream can.

Use a shave cream and not a shave gel. Shave gels tend to have too many air pockets in it. Air pockets do not offer any skin protection from your blade. Think of your blade gliding over air pockets and not over a protective cream layer. Shave creams have considerably less air pockets in them and thus offer a more slicker protective coverage against your razor-sharp blade. Harmful skin redness present after shaving is usually a result of using a poor shave cream/gel/soap or using excessive pressure on the razor when shaving.

Use a non-lathering cream. Trying to beat the clock each morning, I don't have the luxury of spending 5 minutes to whip up a lather with a silvertip badger shaving brush. Plus lather is just a whipped up shave cream with too many air pockets inside. This is another subject that I will like to dwell on in a future article.

Shaving Tips #3: Post-Shave

You don't just walk away after you wipe off the excess shave cream from your face when you are done shaving. I feel the most important part of the shaving ritual is maintaining your skin's vibrancy and elasticity post-shave. That is why Shaving Tip #3 is the most important to me.

Find a non-greasy aftershave balm that has ingredients proven to battle inflammation caused by the rigors of the shaving process and ones that also hydrate and restore your skin to a healthy and glowing state. Some great natural effective ingredients to look for in an aftershave balm are Witch Hazel -- helps shrink and contract blood vessels back to normal size when inflamed -- and Shea Butter -- has anti-inflammatory and emollient properties. Be sure also to use a product that does not clog your pores. I tend to find that greasy aftershave balms do just that so I always avoid those. It's best also not to use a post-shave product with alcohol or fragrance as these ingredients just dry out your skin.

Shaving can be a nuisance but if you just follow these 3 shaving tips, you can be out of the bathroom in just under two minutes with glowing skin and a super close shave. Yes, I can spend five to ten minutes more during my shaving routine to get the perfect shave like incorporating a toner, an exfoliant, and a silvertip badger hair brush, but that's only for me on the weekends and when time is not a factor each morning. But for now, as long as my son is at school on time and my skin is feeling buttery soft in just under two minutes, I couldn't ask for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment